Ghostbusters is a new licensed theme coming to Planet Coaster. It was announced on May 22, 2019. This new pack features a story-driven scenario, novel gameplay mechanics, fully voiced characters, original themed rides, all new scenery, and more. Everything in this new pack will take players into the world of the 1984 classic movie. It will be available to purchase on Steam or the frontier store for $14.99 (£12.99, €14.99).
Familiar to those who have seen the movie Ghostbusters will be the four main characters, with one of them voiced by their original actor - Dan Aykroyd as the iconic Raymond Stantz. The movie's antagonist Walter Peck will also be in the new content pack and is voiced by original actor William Atherton.
As players progress in the campaign, the character Raymond will continue to guide players through the content, helping them remove ghastly ghouls from the rides. Other characters will join the fray during progression, including the very iconic Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and the legendary ECTO-1 car.
A new interactive ride - The Ghostbusters Experience - will allow players to test their own ghost-busting abilities using particle throwers. Scores will be logged.
Features[edit | edit source]
- A fully-voiced, narrative campaign featuring the voice talents of Dan Aykroyd and William Atherton.
- A new interactive ghostbusting ride, The Ghostbusters Experience.
- A new, Slimer-themed kiddie coaster, the RollerGhoster.
- Classic Ghostbusters characters such as Raymond Stantz, Slimer, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and a few surprises!
- Authentic scenery pieces and sounds straight from the 1984 original movie, including the Ghostbusters HQ, Spook Central, ECTO-1 and Ray Parker Jr’s classic Ghostbusters theme.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- <https://www.planetcoaster.com/en-gb/news/update-112-planet-coaster-ghostbusters-coming-soon Ghostbusters Coming Soon!